It is recommended to test your device and pendants monthly to ensure they are working properly.
Follow the steps below to test your device and pendants.
- To get started, grab any/all buttons that need to be tested and be sure to be in range of the base device.
- Press the transmitter button or help button on the device for at least 3 seconds. The device will announce “Initiating Help“.
- There will be a one-second pause and then a series of 10 beeps. During this time the alarm can be canceled by a 5-second press on the base device or the transmitter button. If the alarm is canceled, the unit will state “Call Cancelled”.
- The device will state “Call in Progress” and then “Call Connected”.
- The device will connect to Stella, the automated voice assistant. At this time, confirm with the automated voice assistant that you are okay and do not need help
- If a live operator responds through the device, inform the operator that “this is just a test.”