To power on the Active Guardian:
- Simply place the mobile device in the cradle. The mobile device will state, “Charging.”
- The red LED light will flash every 5 seconds while charging and will go solid when fully charged.
- The blue call light will flash every 5 seconds when connected to the network.
- Wait 2 minutes after powering on before pressing the call button.
To power off the Active Guardian:
- Press and hold the Reset button on the left-hand side of the device until the red LED turns on and then let go.
- The device will power off.
Yes, this device can be moved to a new location anywhere in the United States where there is a 4G cell network available. The new address will need to be provided (temporary or permanent) by calling the Customer Care department or by logging into the MyGuardian Customer Portal. The device should be tested at the new address to ensure it is working properly.
Yes, extension cords and surge protectors can limit the amount of power the device receives resulting in the device not working properly. The charging cradle needs to be plugged directly into a wall outlet that does not operate on a light switch.
The portable device is water-resistant and can be splashed with water but not submerged underwater. The mobile device needs to be towel dried after contact with water. The device is IP67 Certified.
Can metal roofing/siding, trees, airports and other environmental factors have any effect on the device being able to connect?
Yes, metal roofs/siding, concrete buildings (such as a basement) and environmental factors like wooded areas can have an impact on signal strength for a device which affects the device’s ability to connect.