The Truth About Seniors and Falling
Falls are the #1 cause of serious injuries to seniors, leading to over 800,000 hospitalizations each year and 27,000 deaths. The two most common injuries among seniors who have experienced a fall are broken hips and head trauma.
50% of people aged 75+ fall at home
2x more likely to fall again if fallen once before
80% of falls occur in the bathroom
1 in 3 people spend at least 1 hr on the floor, unable to age in place post-fall
Many of these injuries could be mitigated if seniors are outfitted with a home monitoring system.
Local Care For Aging Residents
Medical Guardian aims to help aging seniors remain in their own homes for as long as possible thanks to our affordable and reliable medical alert devices. When paired with other services offered through local agencies, seniors can not only have access to a variety of services that will allow them to thrive at home, but they can also take advantage of being connected to outside help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week thanks to Medical Guardian’s top of the line Monitoring Center.
Taking Care of Our Veterans
There is no greater sacrifice that someone can make than serving our country. That is why we believe that aging veterans should have access to a variety of services that will allow them to age with honor and dignity. The VA offers services to 23 million eligible veterans, with only 36%, or 8.3 million currently enrolled. We can be doing more to help those who have so selflessly served our country.
When paired with the services that most veterans get access to through Veterans Affairs, a medical alert system is a proven way to keep aging vets in their own home, longer. And with Medical Guardian’s round-the-clock monitoring services, a medical alert system will provide vets a cost-effective way to have access to constant care.
We’re Your Partner For Success
Our main goal is providing seniors with the safety net they need in order to feel secure at home as they age.
For Companies and Organizations:
- Access to the latest technology innovation to help better serve customers
- Dedicated Medical Guardian account manager
- Recognized as #1 medical alert provider in the country
- Global Award-Winning Customer Care Team
- Rated fastest response time by top review sites
- State of the art, UL- certified 24/7 monitoring centers
- On-demand access to real-time customer data
- A medical alert system is a proven way to remain in your own home, longer
- Receiving help within the first hour of experiencing a fall or medical emergency ensures a 90% chance of returning to independent living after a hospital visit
- People without medical alert devices spend an average of 13 more days in nursing homes or rehab facilities than those who have invested in medical alert systems for the home