Illinois, the Land of Lincoln, is home to Chicago, the third most populated city in the United States. A diverse state, Illinois has a bustling metropolis, urban cities, major industries, and farmlands.
For Illinois seniors already struggling with health concerns and lessened mobility, the weather adds additional complications. Winters can be bitterly cold, especially in the Northern parts of the state. Summers are hot and humid – with significant risk of tornadoes. Whether in a big city or rural area, Illinois seniors must consider the weather as a threat to their safety.
Medical Guardian is the answer for seniors who want to maintain their independence at home, while still having the protection of 24-hour a day/7 days a week medical monitoring.
Why a Medical Alarm System?
In a technical world filled with home phones, cell phones, and tablets, why would anyone need a medical alert device? There are many reasons…
- Unlike home phones or cell phones – the Medical Guardian alert device is 100% waterproof and can be worn in the shower or bath. Bathrooms are high-risk areas for seniors, and traditionally a room that doesn’t have a communication device.
- Unlike cell phones, the medical alert device does not need to be charged – it won’t be out of batteries when you need it.
- Unlike cell phones, the medical alert device does not need wireless cell coverage – you need never worry about “having enough bars” to get the help you need.
- Unlike the public emergency services provided by 9-1-1, you will connect to the Medical Guardian response center within seconds and have a trained and certified responder stay with you from the beginning to the end of your crisis.
- No need to worry if your situation is serious enough to call emergency services – you can contact Medical Guardian whenever you feel you need to … responders can dispatch your local emergency services, or simply contact friends or family member who can help.
- A low-cost option, Medical Guardian coverage costs significantly less than most modern cell phone plans.
The Power of Confident Independence
Perhaps the most powerful thing Medical Guardian provides seniors is confidence. Because falls are so common for senior citizens (one in three will experience at least one fall a year,) many seniors limit their activity in hopes of preventing a fall. Unfortunately, this works against the senior by decreasing mobility and actually increasing the risk of a future fall.
Also, many seniors suffer from medical conditions that, in a matter of seconds, can turn into a medical crisis. The fear of being alone and unable to contact help during these unexpected events adds anxiety and fear to many seniors’ daily lives. This fear can lead a senior citizen to make the extremely costly choice of moving into a nursing home or assisted living facility.
With Medical Guardian, seniors can again live with peace-of-mind and confidence, knowing that they will be able to contact help when they need it. No need to leave your family home or be dependent on others in an assisted living environment. Enjoy the life you have worked so hard to earn, and know that Medical Guardian will always be there, ready to help, the second you need us!